The girls at work and I have gotten together a few times to have what we call a “pinterest party”. We’ve had a ton of fun– the only hard part truly is to find a time that works for a group of 8 of us!
A couple of weeks ago I hosted our latest party, where we made these Mason Jar Candle Holders:
The mason jar candle holders were a lot easier than we thought- and turned out to be pretty cute!
- Wood Panel (I had the guy at Lowe’s cut an 8-foot board into 1 foot pieces for us)
- Wood stain or paint
- Hook Screws (like this)
- Thin chain
- Mason Jars
- Picture Hangers (like this)
Other supplies I had: paint brush, paper towel, hammer, drill, wire cutters for the chain
- First we stained the wood- I had a couple of different shades which made it fun for people to choose what would match their home decor best.
- While our wood panels dried, we enjoyed our brunch- everyone brought a dish and we had a delicious spread!!
- I drilled a small hole into the middle of each board to make it easier to screw the hooks into. I also hammered the picture hangers into the back, so we could hang them on the wall.
- We wrapped twine around the jar, and tied it tightly. Next, we hooked a piece of chain to the twine, so that it would stay securely.
Here are some similar projects I did- with a few leftover vases from our wedding:
The main difference was that with these vases, I used a clamp (like this), found in the plumbing department at the hardware store and some tiny nails to attach them to the board.
Have fun with your next project!